Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Ten: A Little Bit of Nothing With a Side of Monopoly


Today was a pretty mellow day, and not too much happened. We woke up around 11, though we could have slept much longer if mom hadn't have woken us up. Oh well. We ate some breakfast/lunch, played some Phase 10, as usual and made some lemon bread... We chilled upstairs while Hilary painted her toes and listened to music.

Time passed by and we really didn't do anything. Soon, dinnertime came around and we had some pasta and a vegetable salad, which was quite delicious. We also nommed on some Rainier cherries, which made my life complete.

As soon as we started to sit down for dinner, we heard lots of thunder and a big rain storm started to roll in. The rain started pounding down on the window while the wind was blowing it really hard. So Hilary and I went out on the porch and got misted on. Then, we decided to be a bit more brave so we went off the porch and stood in the pouring rain and got completely soaked in a manner of minutes! Storms like that don't happen in Washington. After we realized that it really didn't feel like 90 degrees anymore, we decided to send our shivering selves back into the house and we wrapped up in towels and changed. And that was a little moment of excitement for the both of us!

After we changed into dry clothes, Hilary and I ate with mom and played an enticing game of Monopoly. Mom was obviously winning from the start, Hilary struggled quite a bit through the whole thing, and I did pretty good until. It was my first game where I never had to mortgage anything. And much to our surprise, Hilary actually beat me. That game probably lasted three hours, which is probably one of the shortest games of Monopoly I've ever played.

Now it's 11:20 and I need to go to bed, so I'm awake for church tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

--Sarah

Two cute kids after the rain storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment