Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Nine: Thousands of Shoes and a Really Cool Ketchup Packet


Another great day! After we took mom and Jonathan to work, Hilary took a nap while I showered and checked Facebook for a bit. We ate some breakfast, and we found ourselves at the mall by 12:30 this afternoon. We started out in JC Penney where we looked at shoes and Hilary bought a really cute shirt. It's all fancy-like, too.

We drifted in and out of stores, looking at lots and lots of shoes. The real shoe party started when we found a giant, humongous, gigantic shoe store. Naturally, we had a good time in there. We tried on different kinds of shoes and I even got to show here what shoes were so in style when I lived here in 8th grade. Wallabees. In my personal opinion, they are extremely terrible looking, and I have no idea why they were so popular. Even so, we both tried some on and they were actually kind of comfortable. But the sight made Hilary cringe.

In every other store we went, we looked at shoes and tried some on, picking out the ones we wanted. If only we were rich and could actually buy all of those! Although, the heels are so tall on most of Hilary's choices that I would definitely fall over.

I finally bought a swimsuit. I swear, I haven't owned one in about five years. I usually just jumped in a pool with a t-shirt and basketball shorts on. But we figured we'd be in Florida in just a few days, and it would probably be a really smart idea to have one. It's quite cute. Hilary helped me pick it out!

Oh-AMAZING! Hilary and I decided to go to Chik-fil-A for a quick lunch/afternoon snack, so she bought some fries for us to share. She went to go get ketchup and came back with the coolest ketchup mechanism our eyes have ever seen. Look at it!


Yeah. We were really excited. Probably more than we should have been.

After we picked up mom and Jonathan from work, Hilary and I took a trip to Walmart and picked up some groceries and dinner. I kind of felt all grown up. Kind of. While we ate dinner, Hilary and I watched the movie, Vantage Point. If you've never seen it, it is amazing and super intense! Probably because Dennis Quaid was in it. After that, Hilary and I played an compelling game of Life, in which she won. Again. We ate pudding. All was well.

And now I'm really tired. Which makes sense since we woke up at 7:20 and it's now 12:15 AM. Goodnight. Thanks for reading!

--Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love Chick-fil-A! and Vantage Point! and Pudding! and Shoes! and, and ... And it sounds like you had a pretty fantastic day. Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete